I am joining the challenge. Yah!!!
My health needs and the pace we are setting with Domestic Discipline are not in sync right now. So I need some more motivation.
I wish I was addicted to working out. Life would be so much easier. LOL! After steadily working out for two months the first thing to go during a crisis was my work out. However, I have become addicted to how much better I feel when I work out consistently.
My goals:
1. For the rest of the week do Rodney Yee's Ultimate Power Yoga everyday. There is a different 20 minute workout everyday, except for one day it is 15 minutes.
2. Row machine. I have never put a time on it, but count strokes. 90 strokes x 2 days.
3. Increase the amount of greens and veggie in our diets.
One of my long range goals is weight loss. I plan on losing weight naturally, through changing my life style. I have never had a gaol of how much weight to lose per week and never will. The over riding gaol is to become healthy and fit. I dream of hiking through Bryce Canyon in Utah with my family without suffering with swollen knees the next day limiting anymore adventures. I will keep my counter on the side of my blog for me.
I plan on downloading the video of the man regaining the ability to walk and run from Wilma's blog 'No right to complain" as inspiration and.........
I discovered this women this weekend while flipping through a yoga magazine. She is what I want to be like when I grow up.
Isn't she beautiful ?! Her name is Tao Lynch Porchon. She is the oldest yoga instructor in the world at 93. The following is an excerpt from Shape magazine:
SHAPE: What's the best healthy living advice someone has ever given you?
TPL: Don’t put too much on your plate! Don’t overeat. Don’t fill your mind with fear. Tomorrow never comes, don’t procrastinate.
TPL: Don’t put too much on your plate! Don’t overeat. Don’t fill your mind with fear. Tomorrow never comes, don’t procrastinate.
SHAPE: What kind of healthy living advice would you give to someone who wants to make a change to their life but doesn't know how?
TPL: Meditate on what you really want to do and put it into practice. Don’t be submerged with tons of thoughts you never do. When you wake up in the morning, start the day and know it's going to be a good one. Don’t get involved with anything negative. Don’t take too many pills. Laugh at life.
TPL: Meditate on what you really want to do and put it into practice. Don’t be submerged with tons of thoughts you never do. When you wake up in the morning, start the day and know it's going to be a good one. Don’t get involved with anything negative. Don’t take too many pills. Laugh at life.
SHAPE: What would you say to our readers who might want to try something new but feel that they're "too old" to do so?
TPL: Tell them one-hundred-year-old trees still recycle themselves and come out with new flowers. Recycle yourself. Know that nature gives you the clues to living.
So.....
TPL: Tell them one-hundred-year-old trees still recycle themselves and come out with new flowers. Recycle yourself. Know that nature gives you the clues to living.
So.....
Go Team GOOB! Go!
Feel free to leave a comment, be kind.


Blue Bird, she's fantastic! I loved what she said about the trees!
ReplyDeleteGo team GOOB...Today when I was getting spanked...yup M day over here...( don't get too excited..lol) B. commented on how good my caboose ( he didn't use that word) was looking. I later asked if it looked different from last week, his response " Well I am getting to see up close and personal more often now, so yeah, not a huge change-because there doesn't need to be, but I see a change"..LOL. In one week!
Guess I am saying, you can use this to inspire you..LM(getting smaller)BO !!!
Good luck teamate!
Willie
I noticed that after about two weeks,. LOL it felt different in my pants! Then after another two weeks It got smaller. The running joke was that I was working on making his target smaller. Believe me though, I still have a ways to go in that area..
DeleteI haven't worked out for two weeks and I feel it in my body. That was the first motivator.
The things I used to be able to do. I could do a back bend like nobodies business. I couldn't find a picture on the web of the way I did them. It would be incredible if I could do that again someday. Sigh.
Good luck to you too!
Tomorrow never comes don't procrastinate, is an extremely true powerful statement!
ReplyDeleteGo GOOBers!!
Isn't it though. I need to print it on a card and put it somewhere I see it every day. LOL!
DeleteGo GOOBers!!
Wow! Good for you!! :D
ReplyDeleteThanks. We will see how I do at the end of the week. It is already better than last week! Yeah!
DeleteGood for you for joining in!!
ReplyDeleteThanks Emi!
DeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
DeleteOh wow, take a look at her! Impressive.
ReplyDeleteGood for you Blue Bird. I'll be here cheering you on. I haven't officially joined. It's one of those things that could be the straw that breaks the camel's back but all of you are motivating me as well.
Isn't she though! When I was a little girl, I always knew I wanted to be the old lady in bright colors, driving a convertible sports car. If I can move like her at her age I will be very happy!
DeleteI have had too many of those straws lately. LOL! That is why I am doing it really. I want to be strong enough to carry a bushel of straws. But I hear ya! Little steps and maybe soon you can be official.
Way to go BB! Am so proud of you.
ReplyDelete"Tomorrow never comes don't procrastinate" - I definitely need to print that one out and place it all over the house - it's one of my worst faults. Thanks for sharing.
Blessings,
Cat
I know, she hit two of my faults. The procrastination thing and "Don’t be submerged with tons of thoughts you never do", which is the biggest cause of my procrastination. LOL!
DeleteThanks Cat