Monday, December 31, 2012

I rescinded my permission! Part 1

This event took place two weeks ago and I wrote this post more than a week ago. I shared it with my husband a few days after I wrote it. 

Everyone is always talking about "The Gift of Submission". The Head of House is being gifted with their wife's submission. Submission to their leadership, their rules, their decisions and their consequences. Do you understand what is probably the most important thing wives submit to their husbands? We gift you with our vulnerability. We are trying to open ourselves to you. We are making our hearts and souls vulnerable to you.

 We are trying to change the way we behave, speak, respond and act to and with you. You have to understand that. You must also change the way you behave, speak, respond and act to and with us. If you don't recognize the incredible gift of our vulnerability we are giving you and you do not treat it with the utmost respect and gentleness, you may inflict incredible harm and pain. You cannot continue to respond during discussions, arguments or fights the way you have responded before. As a friend in blogland put it, we are trying to change, we are making ourselves open and vulnerable to you....you have to "Fight Fair". You have to understand there is a big difference in the women you are dealing with now.

Yes, unfortunately I am coming from a place of pain with this. I have been hurt. You have all read about my ongoing soap opera, if you haven't just read the past several posts.

He couldn't find a flight earlier then 10 days without paying an arm and a leg and his father is doing much better. So in eight days he will go. I didn't want to live in a state of suspension, so I asked him about Dd.

All of his lines are in red, mine are in blue:

"Do you think we are going to be able to do this thing?"

Bam! out of nowhere he snaps at me.

"Are you continuing a conversation you had in your head again? What are you talking about now?!"

"No.......(completely stunned)  I'm talking about this thing we are doing. You know..."

"How am I supposed to know that?! You always blah, blah, blah......."

I completely withdrew. I didn't say another word. He finished his few short sentences. We went about finishing our errands.

Later in the afternoon, he apologized for snapping at me. I thanked him and waited.....and waited.....and it didn't happen. He apologized but made no restitution. What did I expect him to do to make it up to me? I expected him to answer my original question. I wasn't about to ask the question again. When he snapped at me before, it was a deflecting tactic. He didn't want to talk about it, so he turned the conversation against me. No, I wasn't about to ask him again. The day went on and I continued to distance myself.

That night in bed he rolled on top of me and asked what was wrong.

"This afternoon..."

"I already apologized to you for that.'

"Yes you did, thank you for that, put you didn't answer my original question."

"What? Do you expect me to be able to slap you from there?" He rolled his eyes, rolled off me and gave me his back.

Who said anything about "slap"?! You don't need your hand to slap me, you just did a fine job of it with your voice and choice of words. I was stunned. I was hurt. I couldn't sleep.

Into the long hours of the night I thought a lot about what we have been going through lately, about what was said earlier in the day and I came to a decision. I don't want to do this anymore. I keep opening myself to him, giving of myself, trying to be understanding of him and he is turning it on me. I know he is under a lot of stress. I know it. I have been living it with him. But he turned something that  was a simple conversation into something it never should have been. In the past I would have gone nose to nose with him. It would have been argued out and eventually resolved. In a submissive state, something I have been practicing for seven and a half months now, I was vulnerable, exposed. The way he reacted hurt me more than I would ever have allowed before. It didn't need to go that way. It was a simple question, needing a simple answer. This is the way the original conversation should have gone.

"Do you think we are going to be able to do this thing?"

"Yes, but I don't know how we are going to do it long distance."

OR

"No, I'm tired and I think we should stop for now and see what we can do when I come back."

I wasn't trying to pressure him or force him to do what I wanted. I just wanted his honest opinion, his direction on what he thought we should do. Either option would have been fine with me. I just didn't want to live in a constant state of suspension. Are we doing this or not?

I didn't get a lot of sleep.

The next morning he asked why I looked so tired. I told him I couldn't sleep.

"Why? Because of what happened yesterday? Let's just get this all out now."

Unfortunately, we couldn't because suddenly we had kids in the kitchen with us. We had to go visit my sick relative an hour and a half away. In the car on the way, without kids, we started talking. I honestly don't remember how this conversation started just how it ended.

"I don't want to do this anymore."

"Would you stop! Do you know how much pressure you put on me when you say that?!"

"This isn't about you! This isn't about putting pressure on you! This is about ME! I don't want to do this anymore because it HURTS too much!"

That was the end of the conversation. Not another word was said as we drove for a little over an hour to visit my sick relative. We visited my relatives for about 2 and a half hours, then spent another hour and a half driving home in silence. Except for the most mundane, trivial topics nothing has been discussed between us since Sunday.

I am so deeply hurt. The pain is more than I have ever endured. I thought stopping this would stop the hurt, but it has become such a deep pain. It is worse at night when I have nothing to distract me. The house is silent in sleep and all I can do is feel the pain.

I don't trust him with my submissive self anymore. I don't trust him not to turn on me again and hurt me.

So what am I supposed to do?


Please remember this happened two weeks ago, much has happened since then. Unfortunately, you will have to wait a few days to find out because I haven't written Part 2 yet.  : )









As always feel free to leave a comment, be kind.





18 comments:

  1. Hi Blue Bird,
    I recognize this conversation so much!
    This reaction "what are you talking about?", has put an end to our dynamic many times.
    Doesn't matter that in our case the question comes from the HoH and the reaction from the submissive.
    It is so important to really deeply know, that you're not alone in TTWD.
    That same question runs through my head: What am I supposed to do, when I don't trust her with my dominant self, when she doesn't even recognize that dominancy.
    And each time this happened, the solution was the same. For my Lisa, our dynamic is so "normal" that she doesn't want to waste thoughts on it. She doesn't worry about it. So each time I build my walls, she will just ask: "what is the matter. Why are you stopping DD, we were just doing so good? Please don't stop".
    And then we'll restart, until I start worrying again.
    Hugs,
    Bas

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Bas,
      I am sure a lot of people will recognize this conversation. I think it is important not just to deeply know but actively know you are not alone in TTWD. After every bum in the road we have hit I have come away assured that he was committed to this thing, then lack of action causes doubt and doubt creates distance.
      This is still far away from feeling "normal" for either of us. We are still trying to define how this should look and feel for us.
      We are still on the road however, thats a good thing.
      Hugs back,
      BB

      Delete
  2. I don't know how to comment as you said it happened two weeks ago, but I will say this to you:

    Throughout this whole messy adventure with Barney, you have always been there for me, whether it has been a comment, or an email, or our chats. You have given me opinions and options that don't always show up in a 'regular' comment session. First and foremost I want to say who much I appreciate you for that and our friendship. I also want to say to you that you are extremely insightful, and if you can find away, the two of you, to agree to ttwd, you will make it through. That I have no doubt.

    I will no longer continue with the 'pep' talk as you have much more to write. Know that I am here with you, for you. Don't be shy take the time in the middle of the night. Write to me if you want. Let it out when you can't sleep. Reach out to those of us here because we really do care.

    Much, much love Blue Bird

    and more happiness than you can handle in 2013

    your friend
    Willie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And you have helped me my dear friend. It was chatting to you about the general aspects of this event that got me to the point I could actually begin to write this post.
      We are finding our way.
      You know I will write!
      Much, much love back to you my dear friend! and much happiness to you also in 2013!
      BB

      Delete
  3. Wow, I don't know that I can offer much as well besides I'd like to see how this has played out (being two weeks and all)

    I hate reading that you went through that though... I know the sting of emotional pain and how sometimes the men we love just don't seem to get what's so wrapped in our minds with this who DD / ttwd business.
    I can't even begin to imagine how it'd work long distance either.

    I hope there is some happiness in your next post, as I'm curious how this all played out.

    Thank you for sharing your journey with us all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! I wish I had been on the sidelines watching this one play out too.
      Sigh...it was seriously painful, but yes I can promise you some happiness in the next post.
      I am writing these incredibly personal post because I really want to see how much we have changed in a year. When we recently hit a bum about a month ago and I thought we were back to square one, I reread all of my post and realized we had actually grown a lot since we started. If this helps someone else also, then yeah.
      Thank you Emi for coming along this journey with us and offering your support.
      BB

      Delete
  4. Oh Blue Bird I can't tell you how much Starman and I can compare to this at the moment. Only I am not able to discuss some of the reasons until I know what we are fighting at the end of January when he gets some very important test results.

    All I can do is back up what Willie is saying above. I know, believe me, that even HOHs can crumble under pressure. And because we can't manage our emotions we end up making a scenario worse than it is. You all keep telling me to 'hand in there', so now I'm saying it to you too. Except it is difficult to know exactly what to say because I don't know part 2 or 3 or 4.

    It does, however, help to write you feelings down. Because you can then see that there are many of us in very similar situations and so we know how you are feeling.

    The trouble is that we women always build things up. We lie awake in the middle of the night working ourselves up into the most enormous miseries whilst our other halves lie there snoring peacefully. I love the comments that the male members of this community make, because it shows me a completely different perspective.

    I'm certain this is just a hiccup and things will straighten themselves out. I back up Willie's comments, please feel free to email me in the middle of the night if you feel distraught. I've often thought that in helping others through "muddy waters" we help ourselves. And you know, a little rest from TTWD isn't the end of the world; you'll come back to it, with renewed resolve and enthusiasm I'm sure.

    Biggest hugs, and remember Willie's 'daisychain'!!

    Your other friend, Ami

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This was very different Ami. For the first time I didn't lie awake at night working myself into miseries. Usually, I do. I am a pro at that. This time I just felt like a big giant painful bruise that ached so badly all I could do was feel the pain. LOL! I actually got a lot of things done. The only thing that helped was working my way through mundane tasks step by boring step. As soon as I finished something, I would be overwhelmed by the pain again and it would send me searching for the next mundane task.
      LOL! We seem to have the hiccups a lot lately! You may very well regret inviting me to email you. What is Willie's 'daisychain'?! Did I miss something?!
      Hugs,
      BB

      Delete
  5. I mean "hang in there" not 'hand'! Stupid me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got it! and don't call yourself stupid, please.

      Delete
  6. Oh sweetie, I just want to reach out and give you a big hug.

    While I love the openness that DD has brought us, the vulnerability is sometimes hard to deal with. Words and actions, or the lack thereof, have a lot more power to hurt now. It took Steve a while to catch on to this and even now, he still struggles with it sometimes.

    I'll be looking for part two and praying that it involves the two of you talking this out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel the hug Dana and thanks.
      It is very hard to deal with sometimes and your prayers will be answered in part 2. : )
      Thanks Dana!
      BB

      Delete
  7. Oh Sweetie, I am so sorry that this has been such a rough road for you....as well as the tremendous difficulty with starting this dynamic in a relationship, you have had external factors that have added no end of complications.
    I am just catching up, but my thoughts are with you, BlueBird. Take care, Sweetie.
    Hugs and love
    lillie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Even though it has been an incredible rough start, I am glad it has happened this way, except for all the bad external stuff of course. This has really forced us to slow do and work on our communication. I always thought it was pretty good, but I am discovering that we dance around each other more than we come to the point. This has caused a lot of wrong interpretations of what we each believe has been said.
      Hugs and love back and I hope you rocked it on the beach!
      BB

      Delete
  8. Hey BB - Sorry it has been so rough for you. Since it has been two weeks, think I'll just wait for part two.

    Sending best wishes and prayers for your FILs health and that everything works out for the two of you.


    Wishing you both a wonderful New Year!

    Blessings,
    Cat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Cat,
      I think this road is going to be rough for a very long time for us. We have worked very hard in life but things have come easier for us than for others. It seems like we are being told this time if we really want this we are going to have to suffer for it.: ) Well it looks like we really want it.
      My FIL is doing a lot better. Thank you for your best wishes and prayers.
      BB

      Delete
  9. I know that men are not always the best communicators. My husband has a hard time when things are stressful. They just feel the pressure. When we are stressed we cling to them more, need more. They do not always know how to provide what we need from them when they are emotionally stretched.
    I hope that parts 2 and.....help you find what you both want and need.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think we are both communicating our stress to each other in different was and that stress is being misinterpreted.
      We are working on it.
      : ) There will only be a part 2 on this. I am sure everyone is relieved. LOL!
      BB

      Delete

Please feel free to leave a comment, be kind.