This weekend during our long talk, we confirmed the rules that would be followed.
I asked him to get the book out to review the list. I couldn't remember the little rules.
He refused, "I remember all of them" and he proceeded to list them all.
Um...I was a little stunned. HoH in total control. WOW!
I told him I didn't want to wait until the weekend to review and address issues and consequences. It just didn't work for me. He readily agreed, which led me to believe it didn't work for him. It makes the week just linger on and then things begin to fade and don't seem as important.
So, issues would be addressed every night and consequence meted out if required.
As we continued talking he said, "I am a little scared. You know every time we try to do this, I get sick."
"I noticed. I told you, I think it is psychosomatic."
"You are irritating the.......out of me when you say things like that." Fisting hands to keep from grabbing me and dragging me over his lap.
"I'm just saying"
"If I didn't want to do this, I would tell you straight out, I'M NOT DOING IT. I wouldn't make myself sick to get out of it."
"but this is a subconscious thing"
Yes, Sir! Understood, Sir! I was just teasing anyway......
Sigh
So, I tried to be good on Monday. My food choices were a little off. I didn't finish all of my tasks, but I knew he wasn't going to be hard on me for that, because there were two little emergencies yesterday.
He came home from work early Monday because guess what.......
He had a freaking fever!
I took care of him all night. Taking his temp., dispensing medicine, holding him when he was racked with the chills, peeling layers off when it was too hot.
SIGH
Again, nothing happened in the way of Domestic Discipline.
If it's not psychosomatic, I think we are jinxed!
Feel free to leave a comment, be kind.




oh dear dear dear. maybe this is what you need for now. some discipline in being his nurse and accepting fate.
ReplyDeleteok, or you could be jinxed.
I think 5 months of nursing him is enough training, thank you very much! Accept fate.....not this! I want to fix him! Unzip him, clean him out, zip him back up, polish him and make him feel all shiny and new. sigh. If only I could......
DeleteThanks Fondles!
What's it called? Murphy's Law? If it can happen it will? or something like that?
ReplyDeleteSeems like bad luck, OR a great chance to get in some good submissive behavior in being his caretaker.
:)
Trying...sigh......trying. : )
DeleteSometimes it feels like everything goes wrong, then we wake up tomorrow and the sun is shining. I hope your husband feels better. Just remember this time when things start working too well with DD! Lol
ReplyDeleteTruthfully, he could give me his worst with that giant bread board in my last post everyday for a month, and I would prefer it to him being sick like this. And yah, you can remind me I said that at a later date if I forget. : )
DeleteOh no! That's just crazy. I hope he feels better soon Blue Bird.
ReplyDeleteI do to Tess, I do to.
DeleteThanks :
I'm sorry Blue Bird.
ReplyDeleteIt is hard enough to get this 'thing' off of the ground, without life getting in the way. I know it drives Barney crazy when I suggest that he doesn't want to do ttwd. I have wired my jaw shut on that subject.
I hope he feels better soon- so he can beat your bad butt ( better?)
Love
Willie
I thought it might be psychosomatic about a month in to his illness, but quickly dismissed it. About two weeks ago I suggest it to him to see what he would say. ; D As I am sure you can guess he was irritated.
DeleteI threw it out Sunday just to tease him. He didn't take it well as you can see. : D
He can do whatever he wants to me just so long as he gets better!
Thanks Willie
Hey BB - Here ya are blaming the poor hubby when maybe he just works with a bunch of people that need a hard spanking because they come to work sick so that they can save their sick time for play days. I've worked with a lot like that!
ReplyDeleteHope he feels better soon so that he can take care of your "attitude". :)
Blessings,
Cat
Hey Cat,
DeleteHe is the Boss and there are only two other people in the office. Come to think of it, one of them was sick last week and he sent him home. DANG! He's the culprit. He better watch his back, s'all I'm sayin. I think I'm going to buy that bread board after all!
My little attitude? Why I am only sharing that with you all in my head....... er blog land. I have been a perfect ministering angel! 0 : )
He came home at 2:30pm today. That is unheard of, his fever was back. I showed him this post and it made him smile, made your spicy coconut shrimp soup and an apple cake. He craves sweets when he is sick.
He is feeling better. : )
Thanks!
Hey BB - He might want to consider disinfecting the office. Actually worked at a place with the aforementioned 'potential spankees' and the company shut is down for two days while they had everything we touched or breathed on disinfected. Y'all might want to consider buying a few cans of Lysol, go in over the weekend, and spray everything including desks, phones, door knobs, chair arms, anything that anyone touches.
DeleteNo, you do not want the bread board! If you really want a paddle, go talk to Blondie - she sells some really nice ones and since she is on the receiving end of them, she knows what will/won't work.
Hope 'the Boss' liked the soup. Apple cake? Sounds great! Since ya can't send me a piece, would you consider posting the recipe? :)
Blessings,
Cat
Hey Cat,
DeleteThe bread board would be for the sick employees who come in to work! I think I will write, " The Doctor" on it and hang it on his office wall. : D
This is the web site for the cake. The only thing I did different is I had no raisins, so used dried sour cherries. Yum!
Dhttp://shine.yahoo.com/shine-food/genius-apple-cake-182500453.html
Unfortunately they deal mainly with documents passing them back and forth in his office.
: (
Thanks Cat!
LOL BB - Writing 'The Doctor' on the bread board and hanging it on his office wall would be hysterical. Too bad ya really can't do it.
DeleteSheesh - docs are the worst for spreading germs - might invest in some hand sanitizer for him to take to work and use on a regular basis.
Thanks for the recipe - that looks really yummy!
Cat
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteOh good grief....this is frustrating, BlueBird, but you know he was very HoHie before the fever set in.....I think that is a very good sign.
ReplyDeleteHang in there, sweetie...
hugs
lillie
Hi Lillie,
DeleteThe situation is frustrating. I am not frustrated with him. Seriously, he has always acted very HoHie, it's just now I have given him permission to be all HoHie on me! ; D
I was very concerned about his commitment to this before, but after our discussion this weekend and his intent focus during the conversation I feel solid on us moving forward. The fact that he actually looked at the bread board as a possible implement for a second before rejecting it, it let me know he was well on his way.: D
I am far more frustrated with the fact I can't fix his illness! GRRRRR!
I'm so sorry Blue Bird. It's like there's something in his system and the tiniest little thing makes it flare back up. I know I'd be worried sick and yeah, nothing else really matters except figuring out how to help him get and stay better.
ReplyDeleteHe has been sick more in these three months than in our entire marriage. I told him I was going to buy him surgical masks to wear all the time. : )
DeleteThanks Susie!
Sorry, it has been five months.
Delete