Saturday, December 8, 2012

Week 1 - GOOB Report

My goals for this week were:

1. yoga every morning M-F
2. do 90 strokes on the row machine on 2 days
3. add more greens and veggies to our diet

What I accomplished:

1. two mornings of yoga
2. no strokes on the row machine
3. yes to adding lots of veggies to our diet


I am disappointed that I wasn't able to accomplish yoga every morning, as that is what I was doing two weeks ago. At least, I did better than last week, which was nothing! 

If I couldn't do the yoga, well.........did you really think I would get to the rowing? It was maybe a little too ambitious.

I did increase the amount of veggies to our evening meal, which makes me very happy. : )

My goals for week 2:

1. yoga every morning M-F
2. start food journaling again, yah, it's been more than two weeks too : ( 
3. continue with the greens and veggies.
4. sign up for a painting class. I have been talking about doing this for a year. My husband even told me to do it and gave me a deadline before everything fell apart. I found a class I want to take.....so next week I will sign up.

Onward to next week and another chance to succeed!

Go GOOBs! Go





15 comments:

  1. Very exciting about the painting class! Can't wait to hear more about it.

    Are you doing yoga w/a dvd or a class? I took a class a couple years ago and really would like to get back into it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Celeste,
      I am doing it with a DVD, Rodney Yee's Ultimate Power Yoga. There are 5 different workouts. It is really difficult. I did his A.M. Yoga for two months before moving on to this one. It also has 5 different workouts. That is best for me because doing the same workout everyday, I would soon get REALLY bored.

      Delete
  2. BTW---I added you to the list of GOOB blogs on my blog. Sorry I didn't do it sooner. I knew there was someone I forgot. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem, i was supposed to sign up for the e-mail list and still haven't done it. Maybe I should make one of my weekly goals no procrastination. LOL! I would be sure to fail every week! : D

      Delete
  3. Oh good on you! Positive out look- positive results.

    Your painting class had me add a mental stimulation to my work out- Thirty minutes of playing my instrument a day. (um, MY instrument not Barney's- dirty girl) I can't even remember the last time I picked it up (... again *wink*)..Heck it is going to take me 30 minutes just to polish it!(...sorry) Okay maybe not a day, but I'll start on off exercise days.As it is the Christmas season, my youngest loves it, so maybe 30 minutes might be doable.

    Go GOOBer! You are Veggie-rific! Yoga-tastic! Rowing-rageous !

    C'mon week ...BRING it!

    Willie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh dear Willie - I think you've got more on your mind than playing a musical instrument. LOL

      Delete
    2. I agree with Cat. Focus, Wilma, focus!

      We SHOULD add some fun and not make it all about work! So, let me guess, violin? guitar? banjo? ukulele?

      On to another week!

      Delete
    3. Nope none of those things...hint I have been told I have a great embouchure.

      Delete
  4. You're doing well BB (maybe just a tad bit too ambitious on last week's goals) and I have faith that you will reach this week's goals.

    Have fun in the painting class.

    Blessings,
    Cat

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay, to all the successes! I am excited to hear about the painting class as well. What type of media will you be using? I was able to paint today which always makes me happy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I took some drawing classes in college, but I have never taken a painting class before. I have always wanted to study painting. The class I found starts with acrylics and will move into oils. What media do you paint with?

      Delete
    2. Not that you asked me, but water colours are my favourite to paint with...

      Delete
  6. I'm just wondering how you people find all this time to do all these things!! I obviously took a left turn somewhere when you all turned right!! Is the slimming and exercise challenge open to all? Does swimming and pilates count? I seem to be going one step forwards and two steps back in the 'weight losing business' at the moment! Like the sound of art classes though. Might dig my painting things out over the Christmas holidays. Do you paint in oils or watercolours? Watercolours are my favourite too. Can you tell I'm ranting. My blog is not going well at the moment. I've just finished designing a lovely one to find our they want to charge me a monthly amount! Mick says most of you have 'free' blogs. It's not my week at the moment! Hugs, Ami

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anybody can join the challenge and you set your own goals each week. I will try to put up the link to the blogs who started it. I have never painted, so we will see. I did the simplest thing for my blog cause I didn't have the faintest idea what I was doing. It has been a learn as you go thing. : ) I am still way behind everyone else.

      Delete

Please feel free to leave a comment, be kind.