It's HoH Appreciation Day at our house.
Last Friday was the 1st HoH Appreciation Day ever.
Not to say that I have never shown him appreciation, but this was pulling out all the stops,
or trying to anyway.
Last Friday I had the whole day planned around the evening, making sure the house, the dinner and myself were perfect, pristine. I didn't quite hit all of the marks. My planning wasn't as perfect as it could have been. I didn't leave room for contingencies and some of the things I wanted to do didn't get done, LOL! or I just plain forgot.
There were two areas in the house that he has been complaining about that needed to be sorted and straightened. The rest of the house was shiny, sparkly and smelling of clean, but I didn't have time to take care of those two spots. I determined that next week I wouldn't leave everything to be done on THE DAY.
LOL! I showered and groomed myself. I was dressed, applying makeup and perfume and realized I forgot to shave my legs. Sigh. I won't forget next week!
He loves when I burn a particular incense in the house. I don't do it very often. I forgot to do it. Sigh, next week.
Were I did hit the mark perfectly, was his meal. I made his favorite homey meal with choice cuts of meat.
And I did something I rarely do. I didn't have the time or energy to do before (or so I told myself and him before), but I made it a priority. Instead of my jeans and grungy tee shirt, I wore a dress. Instead of a fresh clean face, I wore full make up.
So there I was his painted, perfumed, and decorated Geisha waiting at the door to greet him. When he walked in the door, he stilled for a second and just looked at me. Then something incredible happened, something I am ashamed to say I haven't seen happen when he walks in the door in years. His shoulders dropped and his whole body......his face relaxed.
In the past when he walked in the door, he had a weary look on his face, as if not sure what he was expected to deal with now that he was home. It was sobering. Since starting DD our greeting at the door when he comes home has changed, not a planned or thought out change, just something that has happened naturally. After seeing his reaction, it has become my mission to make sure that is his response every time he walks through the door of his home, total relaxation.
The meal was a perfect score. He had three servings and was moaning in appreciation throughout. That made him very happy and me also.
It was a very good night.
I have planned a little more carefully this week. I didn't leave everything to the last day. I have made out my list in detail, so this time : ) hopefully I remember to shave my legs.
Thank you Cowgirl for the idea and Lillie for running with it.
Feel free to comment, be kind.

Oh how nice! I remember that very same change when my husband came in the door and wanted to be home. Makes me grin just thinking about it.
ReplyDeleteI hope you have another great Friday! Doesn't matter if you forget something.
Sorry it took so long!
DeleteIt was a great weekend! He has been walking in for the last week far more relaxed! LOL! and it didn't matter about the small stuff I couldn't get to.
I love this trend that's going on through the blogworld. Appreciating one's partner is so vital in a DD relationship! Have a great Friday!
ReplyDeleteMrBB
I love it to. Showing appreciation for your partner almost always results in it circling back around to you.
DeleteThanks I did have a great Friday and weekend.
BlueBird you are inspiring! I am going to take HoH appreciation night up a notch at my house!
ReplyDeleteWay to go, sweetie :)
That is sobering though, isn't it? When you see that look, like "really?"
You are doing all good stuff. :)
What particular part inspired you? : )
DeleteSorry it took so long to respond. It was a goooood weekend! ; )
How sweet BB! Just remember, even if things don't go exactly according to plan, they will be perfect as he will see your effort is all for him. Have a wonderful weekend.
ReplyDeleteBlessings,
Cat
Thanks Cat,
DeleteIt wasn't perfect, he did appreciate it, and we did have a wonderful weekend! ; )
Sorry for responding so late.