It has been four months since we started down this road called Domestic Discipline. So far it has been quite a trip. For the most part I feel like I have been the one in the drivers seat, while my husband has been closely observing the scene out of the passenger window. I am the one who discovered DD and approached him about it. I wanted help getting control of some health issues. He was totally willing to do anything to help me. (LOL) Then he was totally shocked when I explained exactly what Domestic Discipline envolved. Fortunately, he was still willing to try.
The next four months I call "The Seduction". I sent e-mails explaining in more detail why I wanted to do this, DD posts that I identified with and began to live the role of the yielding wife ( I don't like the term submissive.... or obedient for that matter). All we did during this time was discuss what DD would mean to us, what were our rules, how DD would be applied and what expectations we had for each other. We had not begun to practice. I was slowly seducing him to embrace this lifestyle.
Things began to change between us. Our way of communicating changed. After almost twenty years of marriage I realized that we misinterpreted a lot of our body language during arguments or discussions. Many times he would lecture me about the way I was acting or something I did or didn't do. After a while the guilt would begin to build and I would turn away from him with a dismissive gesture to try and get him to stop lecturing me. The guilt was beginning to break me. He interpreted this as me dismissing his opinions, his needs as unimportant and this over time began to break him.
Two months in, he decided that we would begin to actually practice on September 1st. I created a list of rules for myself and for him. (LOL) Yes I was still the one in the drivers seat. I felt that after almost two decades of marriage we both had habits that we needed to break. When I showed him the list he made some comments and changes about some of my rules, but made no comment about his. When I asked him, he just said they were fine. Then we went over the consequences. He is against the whole spanking thing. He doesn't believe it is necessary to successfully live this life style. I know me and I disagree. We had many discussions about it and will continue to have discussions about it. However at one point I realized it is in his hands. That is the whole point of the Domestic Discipline Lifestyle. I accept him as the Head of Household and I yield the final decisions to him. So whatever happens will happen when and how HE decides.
On September 1st, we had a date and reviewed everything that we had agreed on to this point. As he was reading over the documents, he came to the rules I had created for him. I told him he didn't need to read them as nothing had changed. He firmly said, "Yes I do. They are important. I wish I could frame them and post them on the wall. They are things I want to be reminded of often."
Suddenly I was no longer in the drivers seat. He had his hands firmly on the wheel. I sat back touched and a little stunned and realized he was truly committed and accepted his role as leader very seriously......and so we begin....
I wish you the very best!!! Welcome to blogland!!! :)
ReplyDeleteThanks Rogue!
DeleteHey Blue Bird.....I am Belle:) It is nice to meet you!:) Welcome welcome welcome to blogland!!!!
ReplyDeleteBelle:)
Hello Blue Bird! I myself am a Surrendered Wife trying to "steer" her husband in the direction of becoming HOH. Glad to see someone else in my situation!
ReplyDelete