Monday, October 27, 2014

IT WAS A BEAUTIFUL DAY!

The sun was shining.

The temperature was cool.

There was a slight breeze.

It was a beautiful day.

In the morning, my daughter opened two of the sliding glass doors in the house. We have three sets of sliders throughout the house.

The white sheers softly billowed up as a breeze waft through the doors, gently swaying side to side as they slowly settled back to the ground.

Yes, it was beautiful day.

In the afternoon, she asked if she could close them and turn back on the A/C as it was starting to get hot. It was the first time it had been off since the beginning of summer. I agreed and continued working on my project as she went about taking care of it. The A/C came on and became the usual white noise in the background while I worked.

Early evening Rooster came home from work. I gave him a kiss at the door and we began our evening rituals around the house. I went into the kitchen and noticed the kitchen sliding door was open.

Why did you open the door?

You are asking me that?

Yes, why did you open the door?

Blue...... seriously?

We were interrupted and I forgot about the door and that it was still open and .....well......since HE opened it I kinda assumed HE closed it.

Our daughter came down, went into the kitchen and quickly came back and asked over the A/C, "Did you know the door is still open?"


What?! Rooster, I thought you closed it1 Why didn't you close it?!

I didn't open it, I

You said

I didn't say

Yes you were sarcastic and you 

Turns out our daughter forgot to close that one earlier.

I DID NOT SAY not yelling but very emphatic

I asked you and you said

I DID NOOOT SAY more emphatic

At this point he became like Charlie Brown's Teacher to me.

No but

WAA WAWA WA WA

You said

WAAAA WAWA WAA WAA

YOU SAID

WAAAAAAA WAWA WAAA WAAA His eyes are starting to bug now

YOU SAID

Go to the bedroom

Now my mouth has dropped open

WHAT? OVER THIS?!

Go

Incredulous laugh and mouth drops a little more

Your not serious.......

Go, now

All through the argument discussion, he was using an exaggerated patience and I thought playful tone, more so the more emphatic he became. There was also a playful light in his eye as the discussion started.

Now, suddenly, as it became a battle of wills there slowly started seeping in a hard edge to his stance and eye. He still wasn't angry yet, but if I didn't get up soon and started moving he would be.

So I graciously conceded. I silently stood up.

That!......he!....pfft!.......as soon as I stood he turned and walked away to the bedroom. He was that sure now I would obey and trot along behind him. PFFT! Wish I had the guts to sit back down.

By the time I got to the bedroom, he had already gotten his weapon implement of choice from the closet. He always hides it behind his back because he doesn't want to cause unnecessary fear before the first swing. Awww, he's so sweeeeeet  >: (

Over the bed

This isn't fair. You said

Get over the bed

But this isn't fair

Over the bed or I will help you and since your shoulder is hurt (long story) that could hurt you more.

Dang! He is really serious if he is threatening to do something that could cause me to hurt my arm more than it already is. DANG!

So ....over the bed I go..........under my own power.  >: ( 

He pulls every thing down. Grrrrrr

I *whap* did *whap* not *whap* say *whap*

This isn't fair! I say in a completely reasonable non-whiny voice.

I *WHAP* DID *WHAP* NOT *WHAP* SAY *WHAP*

YES YOU DID

Iii *WHAP,WHAP* Diiid *WHAP,WHAP* Nooot*WHAP,WHAP* Saaaay *WHAP,WHAP*

Stand. This is NOT fair! Yes, that's right, I stood up and faced off with him in defiance. Don't worry, it didn't last long.

OVER

Glare

Calm, cool,  all the confidence in the world stare back.

OVER

This is NOT fair and over I placed myself again.

and he started all over again......only harder.... >: /

Iiiii *WHAP,WHAP,WHAP,WHAP*
Diiiiid *WHAP,WHAP,WHAP,WHAP*
Noooooot*WHAP,WHAP,WHAP,WHAP*
Saaaaaaaay *WHAP,WHAP,WHAP,WHAP*

and on and on

Stand......yes I know.........again

NO.....NO......This is not fair!

Over

No

Over

AHA! Genius idea! I sit my butt on the bed, lay my back down on the bed, legs from the hips hanging off the side of the bed and relax my body to become dead weight. Ha! How you going to deal with THAT buddy!

Pffft

Too easy

He lifts my legs up over my head. Yes.....now I am in the humiliating diaper position. Yeah, (insert eye roll here) genius alright.

And the litany begins again.

I discover it hurts more in this position.

Fortunately, he doesn't keep me there long.

He lets me up and returns the vile weapon little leather paddle that looks like a hair brush back to the closet as I stand up and pull everything back up. Grumbling the whole time...

That wasn't fair.

Rooster comes back out and enfolds me in his arms...

Do you feel better now?

No, because that wasn't fair.

With a big grin he says

Well...... I feel better now.

Hunh....... and that's what this was all about, wasn't it? and with a little smile I returned the hug.







Yes, the sun is shining and it is a beautiful day.





5 comments:

  1. Sheesh woman...you are stubborn aren't ya. Oh I cringed...just knew where it was going when you described how you sat down and back. Hope you're sitting okay now. ;)

    Hugs and Blessings...
    Cat

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that Rooster is a clever bird! I'd like to say I can't relate to your reaction in this situation AT ALL, but we both know that is NOT true!

    Love
    willie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like it did the trick fair or not, lol. I have to say it takes a lot to put yourself into position when you don't think it's right. Good for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh goodness, does sound like a battle of wills. I too would love to be able to say I wouldn't have reacted the same but ... lol

    Glad it ended well :)

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nothing like that ever has happened at my house. Nope. Not ever.
    ;)

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave a comment, be kind.