Ok, so I know I have been out of blogland for a long time. Things were crazy busy and then I was just in a blue funk. Nothing got done unless it HAD to get done. I did something I haven't done in a long time, I retreated into novels. Only with the greatest reluctance did I come out to deal with what was absolutely necessary. Rooster has been patient, in large part because has been sick again. When he felt better I asked him to help me out of it and he went to work. After he did his job, there was nothing....no response, but by the end of the week it was over. My month long funk was gone. Since the end of last week I have been trying to catch up and my sex drive finally returned. I have been looking over my husband the last couple of days with the intent to inflict obscene things on his body. Ok, in your dictionary it may not be obscene, but in ours it is. Unfortunately his work has been really stressful lately so I have had to sit back, daydream and plan our friday night.
So this morning I decided to take care of something that has gone out of control now for over a month. My body looked like an alpha males. Thats right it was covered in hair. I purchased this hot wax kit months ago and decided now was the time to try it out. I set everything up and started on my legs.
OUCH!
But I would servive. It took me about 30 minutes to do each leg, then I moved to the pits. OOOOOOUUCH! Fortunately, both only took about 3 minutes.
I was admiring my smooth self in the mirror and had a thought.......
Hmmmm........what if I.......
Are some of you gasping in horror.....and others gasping with laughter. Please make it laughter, I am filled with enough horror already.
That's right, I attempted to give myself a brazilian wax. Why the horror....well I have never had a brazilian wax so really don't have the first clue how to do it. I was not successful. At this moment my evening plans may be ruined because I have effectively glued myself shut. Just as I was trying to go in with another cloth to try and make it work, a contractor called and said he would be by in 20 minutes (2 hours early) to finish a job and pick up his check.
DAMN
I jumped in the shower and discovered that this stuff doesn't dissolve. AAAAAAAAAAH!
I am now sitting here, writing to you all, wearing an old pair of underwear, fearful of what will happen when I try to peal them off, waiting for the contractor to finish his job so I can give him his check and try to figure out how to fix this.
I am thinking rubbing alcohol?
Uh!
or maybe!
GOOBEGONE?!
If you read this maybe you will find the answer you need AND get a laugh that it could have been WAY worse! http://www.makeuptalk.com/t/71373/worst-at-home-bikini-wax-story-lol
ReplyDeleteThanks SW,
DeleteI did laugh reading it, but it didn't help me. LOL
Read my response to Cat to find out why. : )
OMG BB! okay...done laughing now...sorry!
ReplyDeleteDidn't you read all the instructions first? Most of the wax kits come with a wax remover for the left over wax. If yours didn't or it's not working, try using olive, vitamin E or jojoba oil...actually any oil will work. Gently work it into the hair and skin...it should loosen the wax. You can also check your local pharmacy to see if they have "Gigi wax off"...it's made to remove was gently from the skin and contains aloe.
Sending healing energy for your...
Oh and SW...thanks for the laugh...great story!
Blessings...
Cat
Oh and BB...forgot to say...welcome back sweetie...missed you! ;)
DeleteDon't apologize for laughing...remember that was my gift to you. You couldn't have been laughing harder than I was anyway, except in my moments of horror filled panic. : )
DeleteThe kit I purchased wasn't a manufacturers kit, but a store promotion kit. It was combined products for a really good price. So there was no wax removal lotion with it. I promise I read the instructions. I have used this product before in small areas. Never had a problem. The first chance I get I will stop at the beauty supply store I bought it from and get the removal lotion.
How did I remove it? Ready for another laugh?
I only had a few tablespoons of olive oil and needed it for dinner, no other oil in the house (I forgot the coconut oil). So I did indeed use the Goobegone or Googone as the label reads.
It worked.
Downside - left a slight oily residue that hot water and soap wouldn't remove.
Upside - I smelled lemony fresh ;)
I missed all of you too Cat!
OMG BB! Hope you can get that off! BTW...what did Rooster have to say about all of this? :D
DeleteIt wore off by the evening.
DeleteHow did Rooster respond?
He was intrigued by the concept of what I was trying to do.
He was disappointed I had been completely unsuccessful.
He was filled with hilarity over my predicament.
: D
OMG BB, ouch! um .. not sure what else to say about that LoL
ReplyDeleteWelcome back! I'm glad your funk is now behind you :)
Hugs,
Roz
Thanks Roz,
DeleteAs long as you got a laugh out of it, there nothing you need to say. : )
OH no! Hope you can get everything off very carefully so that you don't hurt yourself! Ouchie!!!!
ReplyDeleteNope, no more ouchie! Came of Lemony clean!
DeleteLemony fresh!!! Oh my, I was just about done laughing when I read about goo be gone!!!!
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad you're back!!
Thanks Sarah,
DeleteGlad it made you laugh. Laughter is some much better when it is shared! : )
Oh my goodness!!!!! I have a waxing story too...but yours is priceless! Glued shut...OH MY!!! I was shouting...NO---- GOO BE GONE! LOLOL!
ReplyDeleteI KNOW! My hysteria swung between hilarity and panic. Fortunately most of the time it was hilarity, thats why I felt the need to share the laughs. : D
Deleteomg...OW!!! Ow, ow, ow. And not in a fun way, either. I'm shuddering.
ReplyDeleteIn other news, I got an email advertising a Brazilian wax the other day. Maybe I should have sent it to you. :)