Friday, October 4, 2013

Under Construction

I wish it was this blog. I wanted to change the look for my one year anniversary. Oh well, I will get to it eventually.

My home is under construction. After 6 months of research, planning, interviewing multiple contractors the work has finally begun. It was supposed to involve 4 different crews from 2 different contractors only on the exterior of the house and take 7 days. In the first 2 days significant structural damage was discovered. In repairing this damage, there was damage done to the interior of the house. It was no ones fault. When it was discovered we were immediately told what was happening and what it was going to cause. So now the job involves 5 crews from 3 contractors with interior and exterior work and it is hoped to be finished in 3 weeks.

Rooster and I deal with stress in the same ways for the most part with very different results. We can't eat and when we do it is not the best choices and we can't sleep. I fall into bed exhausted around 10pm and wake up completely alert at 2am and my mind starts making lists. It takes two hours for me to fall to sleep again and then 2 hours later I am up for the day. Rooster wakes up every hour or so and it takes him 10-15 minutes to fall asleep.

However, at the end of the first week he had lost 9 pounds and I had gained 4 pounds. Thank goodness I didn't gain 9.

We are at the end of the second week and have one more week to go. We are very conscious now of how this is affecting us and are trying to keep focused on our health. I have lost the 4 pounds. There has been no gym but I am not worried about it because I know we will be back in another week.

Sorry I have not responded to comments on my last post. I promise I will. I finally visited blogland for a brief moment and feel so far behind.

On the TTWD front....I was going to report that there hasn't been much of that, but that isn't really true. There has been no swinging of anything, but Rooster has issued a few orders making it very clear where it would go if they weren't done.

This is a new Rooster. Usually he asks me to do something with a "Pleeeese" at the end that makes me feel like I have failed in some way or that he is demanding and not extending any understanding. When he issues it as an order as in "do this by this date" I just hop to it with no emotional context involved. It has been great. I love it. So we are still growing in that area through all of this chaos.



I miss you all.


8 comments:

  1. Hope the next week goes by very quickly and you are soon enjoying your updated home.
    HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  2. I completely relate to that last part where you said he " issues it as an order as in "do this by this date" I just hop to it with no emotional context involved" SM has become very much that way and is very comfortable in his roll. I love a confident HOH :) Hope your house construction will go as smoothly for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it's great that you are moving past the common concept that TTWD is exclusively about 'rules' and (almost always) spanking 'punishments' and forward into the realisation that it has far more to do with the attraction of Dominant/submissive interaction.

    I should probably add That I use these terms solely for ease of identification and that I'm not in any way suggesting that you relabel you dynamic as "D/s" unless that feels right to you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi BB,

    Sorry to hear the house renovations have become more of a major than you anticipated, but glad it will all be behind you soon. It sounds as though you are both coping well with the chaos.

    Glad to hear Rooster seems to be donning his HoH hat. I love it too when he issues it as an order with a do by date :)

    Hugs,
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. BB, sorry for the delete. I was reading Roz's comment just as I was closing mine, and called you "Roz." I seriously need more coffee!

    I'm glad you're getting your house fixed, especially the hidden issues!

    I pontificated about the many intentions and perceptions of "please" - welcome and not, intentional or not. I'll spare you a repeat. ;-)

    I'm glad to hear the subtle presence of ttwd is ensuring continuity in your dynamic, keeping you connected. It really is all about maintaining a connection to feel closer to each other - "it" being the broader concept of relationships in general, not only ttwd-specific.

    Hugs to you...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Construction is never fun. Hope it goes smoothly from here on out.
    Glad things are going well with you and Rooster. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm sorry that things are so upside down with the house Blue Bird, but am really glad to hear that you and Rooster and doing quite well. Let's hope that the house continues without any other setbacks and that Rooster continues to be a bit bossy. :)

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave a comment, be kind.