Friday, February 8, 2013

The Big S Word


When Rooster returned from his trip, in the first 24 hours I knew we had lost some of "this thing we do". I snapped at him when he didn't respond fast enough three different times. He lectured me, big time,  about my attitude while I was occupied with a stressful task. I hate that. Wait until I am free and can focus and respond, please.

We were also dealing with the Maelstrom of Hormones. It turns out I am not menopausal or peri-menopausal.  My doctor informed me that my body was strung out on an overdose of estrogen, believed to be caused by stress. I am now on medication to rebalance everything. Under the influence of estrogen I found it difficult to sleep, now I can't stay awake. My days are flying by, but are not productive. How can they be, when I am always falling  asleep? Sigh, this frustrates me. I am behind in everything.

I have been incredibly frustrated where we are in "this thing we are doing". I have felt that he forgot everything. Everything that was said before between us.........everything we agreed upon...........even his understanding of what this thing was all about. After eight months we were back to square one. I was so frustrated I wanted to whack him over the head, only to jog his memory ; )


The last two weekends we have had big fights. They were very painful. One of the things we didn't lose from DD was the level of open communication we seemed to have reached. This last weekend it was caused by my attitude. I felt I had cause for my "ATTITUDE" and it was justified. I was angry and jealous. My husband and son have a project together. It is a project of about a month. The last two weeks their heads have been together discussing, planning this project. RESEARCHING. Yes, that was the crux of my anger. We have been doing this thing for eight months now and nothing from him on research. A project of less that a month and he literally spent all of his free time researching and then on Saturday they made their move on all of that research and came home with a big purchase as the result. I didn't have a problem with their project together, seriously. My angry was with Roosters inability to lead  decisively in DD and his apparent lack of interest in taking a step forward without me leading him by the hand. I thought I hid my frustrations well, apparently not. Rooster cornered me and demanded to know what was wrong, I resisted, he refused to back down, what followed was a really long and angry and at times bitter fight. He didn't get it. He was making excuses. He was turning away from everything we had discussed and accomplished before he left.


Then he said something that threw me back in my seat. It shut me up, unable to articulate another thought, let alone another word.


"I wish you would just smile at me. When I walk in the door PLEASE, would you just give me a smile!"





A long time ago, someone told me or I read.....that a smile is the simplest, easiest form of charity any person can give. If you have no money, no time or no materials to give, you could still give your smile to someone and it could change that person's day.

I tested this. I attached it to a well known adage "Charity begins at home" and off I went. Fifteen years ago or so, my husband and I were not in a good place. He was angry with me about something and I had no idea what I had done wrong. Everyday he would return from work and I would greet him at the door hesitant and leery about how he would greet me in return. Was he still angry? He was always distant, walls were thrown up. That is how the rest of the evening would go. It was awful. At the end of two weeks, I had enough. When he came home that night, I forced a smile on my face. It was incredibly hard to do, but I did it. He walked in the door and paused for a second, not sure what was going on. Then suddenly his body completely relaxed and he returned a small smile. Whatever bad feelings between us were gone. Talking about it with him weeks later, I discovered he couldn't remember why he had been angry. He was reacting to my expression every night when he walked in the door. We had created a cycle. Each of us hesitant about the other in our greeting and that was interpreted as each of us still upset with the other. So much time wasted. After that I always tried to smile when he came home. Some times, many times I would forget, but usually not for long.


When he made that statement, I realized Rooster hadn't gone back to square one. He was still slowly inching forward. He hadn't lost anything, except maybe a submissive wife.

I am the one who lost everything. I was demanding, insistent, and controlling. I was a real B****.  Now that he was back I wanted what he promised me AND I WANTED IT NOW! I realized, I hadn't smiled at him since I picked him up from the airport.

Sigh



When I did a quick inventory, I discovered I no longer had an inkling of submission in my system.

Nothing.

Trying to rediscover it has been hard. I don't know why but I feel a little apathetic about trying to don that submissive stole again. I am working on it.


It is taking all of my time right now, focusing on the S word.


Sleep


Spanking


Sex


Smiling


Well, yes all of the above, but they all fall under the big S word.




SUBMISSION


Feel free to leave a message, be kind.

22 comments:

  1. I forgot I wanted to add a P.S.
    The sleep thing really has been a big problem. I am sorry if it appears I haven't been around lately, I actually have. I have read almost everyone"s posts. I will try to remember to leave at least a smiley face so you know I was by.
    It took me all week to write this post. I wanted to add funny pictures but that would have taken it to the end of next week. : )
    Thanks everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry you're having such a struggle. Dang those hormones!
    Unfortunately, for me at least,submission is like a garment I have to put it on every morning. Some remnants carry from day to day but if I don't refresh and renew, I feel like I drag around the remnants of my submissive self.
    I sometimes wonder at why we are the least charitable at home. Sad really.
    Well now you have the key. Smile and keep smiling doll. It will all sort itself out.
    Hugs, Catrinka

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree....Dang those hormones!
      We should be charitable first at home and let it emanate from there. It is sad.
      Thanks Catrinka!

      Delete
  3. Oh Blue Bird I think we all have been where you are and it has to be even worse with you not feeling well. Don't be to hard on yourself and get b ack to the Dr if you don't start feeling better. You shouldn't worry about commenting just let us know you are ok. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The day I posted this was the best day I had in more than a week. I slept a normal 8 hours. Yeah!!
      Thanks Cathy!

      Delete
  4. Oh Blue Bird I think we all have been where you are and it has to be even worse with you not feeling well. Don't be to hard on yourself and get b ack to the Dr if you don't start feeling better. You shouldn't worry about commenting just let us know you are ok. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. : ) I have so much work to catch up with, it will still be a while before my commenting is back to normal.
      Thanks again!
      I know......Blasted blogger! : D

      Delete
  5. BB - I am so proud of you...even in the midst of everything going on, you really listened to what Rooster had to say, thought about it and identified the real issue. You will find your submission...I have faith in you.

    If you find that your sleep schedule doesn't straighten out soon, the doctor might need to adjust your meds. Take care of yourself...much more important that commenting.

    Hugs and Blessings,
    Cat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cat!
      Fortunately, I seem to be back to normal. Down to a normal 8 hours instead of 16.
      I am looking for ways to try to find my submission now, starting with smiling : D
      Hugs back!

      Delete
  6. Okay, the smiling when he walks through the door sort of hit me square in the eyes. That can be the hardest time of day--hungry, tired, remembering everything that still has to be done etc etc.

    A welcoming smile goes a long way!

    The sleeping thing is awful! I've only just started to catch up on mine after some wacky stuff. I sure hope it balances out soon.

    Thanks for this BB.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, the sleeping thing, I went from one extreme to another. Waking up 4 - 5 times a night averaging 5 hours of sleep to 16 hours and still struggling the remaining 8 hours to keep my eyes open. It has finally returned to normal.
      When he said that to me about the smile....it hit me between the eyes too.
      Thanks for reading Susie!

      Delete
  7. I just stumbled across your blog. I'm looking forward to reading more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome Subbie! I don't know why he did it but blogger spammed you!
      You have now been unspammed come back anytime!
      Blue Bird

      Delete
  8. BB, I'm glad first of all the Doctor has got to the bottom of the hormone issue. They really do have a lot to answer for and I think a lot of the attitude etc was probably fueled by this. Hopefully, things will start to even out now. However, as Cat said, if sleep remains an issue the Doctor may need to adjust your meds.

    you made me sit up and take notice with the smiling thing. Thank you, and good on you for really listening to Rooster. A smile really can make all the difference can't it?

    I'm positive you will find your submission again :)

    Hugs,
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, the hormones were a part of the attitude. Unfortunately for me my hormones have swung like crazy since we were first introduced, not this bad, but they have always been an issue. I dislike it intensely and try to catch it and not use it as an excuse. Sometimes it gets the best of me. : )

      And yes, I have found that in almost any situation .....a smile can make a difference.

      My submission, I am working on it.

      Hugs back!

      Delete
  9. Awww- Blue Bird - I have been out of the loop for what seems like an eternity.
    I am so glad that you understand what is happening with your hormones - thank God, sweetie. The magic of this story is that despite everything, you came together....
    I am so proud of you and so very happy for you both....
    hugs
    lillie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have missed you Lillie! That is the magic of the story isn't it? Thanks! and Hugs

      Delete
  10. When your hormones are out of whack-and add tired to that? Awful. I think you did really, really, well-never mind the circumstances!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Saoirse! I can use all the support I can get.

      Delete
  11. So true how we get into cycles or ruts like that! Good for you for realizing it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Renee Rose! Now I only have to figure out how to get out of the rut. : )

      Delete
  12. I know this post is a coupla months back.. But mellatonin (maybe misspelled but its close) works wonders and its natural and OTC.. :)

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave a comment, be kind.